Date:      Thu, 20 May 2004 10:47:55 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Jonathon McKitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Sony or Dell?  Or stick with Toshiba?

On Thu, 20 May 2004, Jonathon McKitrick wrote:

> :  freebsd and sony's acpi aren't good friends today

> So Dell is about the best bet then?  As far as full laptop capability?

It's working fine on my Latitude D800.  The only bits of hardware that
aren't quite right are the PCTel winmodem, and the EHCI USB controller.
The ehci0 driver attaches fine, but the machine will panic in the dock
with it loaded (the dock has a hub built in) or with the USB floppy drive
plugged in.

Jamie Bowden

--
"It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take hold"
Hunter S Tolkien "Fear and Loathing in Barad Dur"