Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:46:17 +0200
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@jennejohn.org>
To:        "Ari Suutari" <ari@suutari.iki.fi>
Cc:        isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AVM Fritz V2 and reboot vs. power-off (please commit the fix)

"Ari Suutari" writes:
> Hi,
>
> >     I investigated differences between FreeBSD and Linux Fritz driver.
> >     Linux driver does one additional thing during device initialization.
> >     I added that to FreeBSD driver and it started working OK !
> >
> >     Patch (against 4.9, sorry) attached. I'll file a PR also.
>

>     I have now installed 6 machines with this patch to customer.
>     During one week of use there have been no isdn problems,
>     so I think that my fix is correct.
>
>     Maybe someone could commit it ?

The patch is in -current and I plan to commit it to -stable today.
Project policy only allows security-relevant changes to 4.9, so I
cannot apply your patch to 4.9. Sorry, but you'll have to maintain
this patch yourself if you really want to keep using 4.9.

It's also doubtfull whether I'll be allowed to commit this patch to
4.10, since only really critical changes are allowed against that branch,
and this isn't really critical.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj[at]jennejohn.org gj[at]freebsd.org gj[at]denx.de