Date:      Thu, 19 Aug 2004 20:51:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dan Langille <dan@langille.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Why top-posting is bad

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004, Charles Oppermann wrote:

>    Most people are used to email in the corporate context and thus
>    used to top-posting.
> <<
>
> That's a valid point that's not appreciated on either side of the argument.

I am not speaking to any particular person when I say:

When one joins a group, one tends to follow the practices of that group.
That applies whether it's a country, a club, or a list.  Claims that you
behave differently elsewhere are invalid because different groups have
different behaviours.  You'll fit in better if you adapt.  If you feel
that strongly against a group view, perhaps you shouldn't be in that
group.

--
Dan Langille - http://www.langille.org/