Date:      Fri, 5 Nov 2004 15:21:32 +0000
From:      Paul Robinson <paul@iconoplex.co.uk>
To:        "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Jeremy Faulkner <gldisater@gldis.ca>
Subject:   Re: Help:why there is no distribution based on FreeBSD?

On Fri, Nov 05, 2004 at 02:45:51PM +0100, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:

> That being said, there is actually one... Debian GNU/kFreeBSD [1],
> which is a FreeBSD kernel with GNU userland.  I don't see the point,
> but it's actually there.

Seeing as OpenBSD is a fork of NetBSD which in turn started from the
same place as FreeBSD originally did, you could argue there are forks of
code there.

Plus of course, there is DragonFly whch is a fork of FreeBSD. And Darwin
is a cousin, albeit one some of us don't like to spend much time with. :-)

--=20
Paul Robinson

http://www.iconoplex.co.uk/=20
"All I know is I'm not a Marxist" - Karl Marx