Date:      Mon, 15 Nov 2004 19:10:08 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Stephan Uphoff <ups@tree.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: number of CPUs and IPI panic

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004, Stephan Uphoff wrote:

> On Fri, 2004-11-12 at 09:19, Nik Azim Azam wrote:
> > Win2K Advanced Server works just fine here.
>
> The root cause seems to be a misunderstanding of the interrupt delivery
> and buffering mechanism. The fix may take a few days since it probably
> requires extensive changes to the IPI layer.

[getting in late on this]

Tomorrow I will have access to a Dell PowerEdge 6500 (4x500MHz) I can use
to capture info or test patches. Or see if the bug reproduces there in the
first place :)

rwatson mumbled something about wanting to determine what triggered the
prior IPI that the panic later trips over.  I'll have to find a sutiable
place to hide that information...

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org