Date:      Sat, 4 Dec 2004 23:36:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Tuc at Beach House <tuc@tucs-beachin-obx-house.com>
To:        maksim.yevmenkin@savvis.net (Maksim Yevmenkin)
Cc:        Tuc at Beach House <tuc@ttsg.com>
Subject:   Re: sdpcontrol issues (LONG)

> bluetooth in 5.2.1 is not very user frilendly. please upgrade your
> system to 5.3 or 5-stable.

	I'm not sure what the official version number of 5-stable is, but
I've heard alot of people saying that 5.3 has issues, especially in the TCP
stack and its speed. Is this true still?

> yes, thats looks good to me. i will verify the default (example) section
> in /etc/bluetooth/hcsecd.conf.

	Ok, thanks.

> well, i will double check, but i think thats because of endianess bug in
> sdpcontrol. it was fixed later.

	(Output of the requested debug sent to you directly, off list)

> > I then try to start sdpd, and it doesn't exist.
>
> sdpd was not included in 5.2.1. you _do_not_ need to run sdpd unless you
> want to provide bluetooth services to remote clients, i.e. act as a server

	I was hoping to allow the Treo to use the net connectivity of my
laptop before I activate it on Verizon, so I knew I could get rid of my
600 and have the 650 running all the necessary apps.

> i'd strongly recommend to upgrade the system to 5.3 or 5-stable. you
> could so source upgreade (cvsup/buildworld) if you have time.

	(See comment up top)

		Thanks, Tuc