Date:      Sat, 22 Jan 2005 02:37:49 +0000
From:      Imobach =?iso-8859-1?q?Gonz=E1lez_Sosa?= <imobachgs@banot.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   AAAA queries (was: Realtek 8139 (rl) very poor performance)

Thank you all for your responses and your support. However, I changed the=20
network card and it didn't work (I have now a Davicom 9102).

Well, anyway, after playing around with ethereal and tcpdump, I think that =
the=20
problem have to do with IPv6. Well, not exactly. I found that when I try to=
=20
make an HTTP connection (for example, with lynx), my machine sends an AAAA=
=20
query and my DNS server doesn't seems to handle it properly.

So, I'd like the software stop doing such queries... what can I start for?=
=20
Must I recompile aplications? I've get out "INET6" support from the kernel,=
=20
but it's not sufficient.

Ideas? A link to documentation about it?

Thank you!

=2D-=20
Imobach Gonz=E1lez Sosa
imobachgs en banot punto net