Date:      Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:12:24 -0800 (PST)
From:      "T. Hart" <_rovy@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Restoring a corrupted dump file

I recently dumped a file to a local hard drive before
making some changes on the server. Shorty after
dumping, my hard drive died, and I attempted to
restore the files to a new hd. However, when I did
this, I got a checksum error, and a statement saying
"Tape is not a dump tape". I'm guessing the file has
become corrupt, unfortunitally, it's the only copy of
the files that were on the drive. Is there any way I
can recover any part of this file?

Thanks

http://mail.yahoo.com