Date:      Wed, 25 May 2005 11:06:07 +0200
From:      "Simon L. Nielsen" <simon@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org, Dmitry Morozovsky <marck@rinet.ru>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD web build failed on freefall.freebsd.org (fwd)

--3Pql8miugIZX0722

On 2005.05.24 08:17:08 -0700, Murray Stokely wrote:
> You can remove the index support from the russian docs by commenting
> out the 'HAS_INDEX=3Dyes' from the Handbook makefile.  Both HAS_INDEX

I was actually going to propose temporarily removing HAS_INDEX from
the Russian, but the I got disturbed with $REALJOB, before I could
test it more.

> and GEN_INDEX must be specified for the index to be built.  This was
> done for speed reasons.  This way we only run collateindex.pl on those
> documents that actually have an index (HAS_INDEX) when we recursively
> specify to generate indices (GEN_INDEX).

On a side note, there seems to be a problem with the generated INDEX
when you rebuild it without clean... at least the index in the English
Handbook on www.FreeBSD.org often has broken links, I just haven't
gotten around to tracing down what breaks.

> As to actually fixing the problem, just compare with the English
> build, where this works fine.  Is a similar index.sgml file created
> with a comma and ulink for the English build?

I got interrupted before I could check more...

> On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 04:40:12PM +0200, Simon L. Nielsen wrote:
> > On 2005.05.24 18:12:34 +0400, Dmitry Morozovsky wrote:
> > > Colleagues,
> > >=20
> > > I'm stumbled a bit. I can't reproduce this error neither on my machin=
e nor on=20
> > > freefall where I do not set LANG/LC_*
> >=20
> > Do you set GEN_INDEX=3Dyes ?