Date:      Sun, 29 May 2005 10:46:28 +0200
From:      "Christoph P. Kukulies" <kuku@kukulies.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ffsrecov still broken port?

I have a disk dump of a failed drive from some time ago which I
want to recover. It is a complete dump with partitions and filesystems
and I'm in seek again for a tool to allow me to recover the
information from that disk.

I was hoping to get a working ffsrecov now under -current but probably that
wouldn't have helped me either.
ffsrecov under -current ist still marked broken.
I have a ffsrecov binary but that one requires libc.so.4. I noteced that
the gpart port (/usr/ports/sysutils/gpart) was requiring ffsrecov when I
built that. Can I trick ffsrecov and links something else to libc.so.4?

Anyone knowing of a way to approach this problem?

I can create a vnode (mdconfig) of that disk but trying to fsck on it
fails for obvious reasons, since I had to access the slices and not the whole
disk dump.

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kuku_at_kukulies.org