Date:      Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:50:23 GMT
From:      Sergey Matveychuk <sem@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/81998: New port: mail/gmail-notify Notify new mail stored in a gmail account

The following reply was made to PR ports/81998; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Sergey Matveychuk <sem@FreeBSD.org>
To: David Julien <djulien.bsd@gmail.com>
Cc: bug-followup@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: ports/81998: New port: mail/gmail-notify Notify new mail stored
 in a gmail account
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 14:43:09 +0400

 David Julien wrote:
 > I found this code while searching how to compile a trayicon library
 > for python. There is an article on this subject at IBM
 > http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/linux/library/l-wrap/
 >
 > Their code does not work anymore but I found modified versions.
 > However URLs which provide these source codes are not usable (html web
 > pages, forum messages).
 >
 > I thought later that I can provide diff files from the original source
 > code instead of a directory, but size of the directory (30ko) is only
 > twice the size of diff files (13 ko) so ...

 We should be sure about license here.

 > I can use py-gnome-extras (available since 31 may 2005) which seems to
 > provide this library. But it requires to install a lot of things for
 > only a small function ...
 >
 > What do you suggests ?

 We can do a little trick here:
 BUILD_DEPENDS=
 ${NONEXISTENT}:${PORTSDIR}x11-toolkits/py-gnome-extras:patch (or extract
 here)

 ${CP} ${WRKDIR}/../../../x11-toolkits/py-gnome-extras/work/what_we_want
 ${WRKSRC}

 It's hacky, but clean.

 --
 Sem.