Date:      Fri, 8 Jul 2005 16:38:54 -0700
From:      Danny Howard <dannyman@toldme.com>
To:        Chris Hodgins <christopher.hodgins@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: gmirror, sparc and SCSI problems

On Fri, Jul 08, 2005 at 03:48:52PM +0100, Chris Hodgins wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Experiencing a few difficulties setting up raid mirroring across two
> SCSI disks on a sparc based server.  Disk da0 contains a working and
> recent install of FreeBSD 5-4 RELEASE and da1 is blank.  We have been
> following the guidance given in the first part of
> http://people.freebsd.org/~rse/mirror/ but have hit numerous problems.

Chris,

These instructions are useful if you don't want to boot into recovery
console to set things up offline.  You can save a lot of fancy footwork
if you have physical access and a CD-ROM, and don't mind about 15
minutes of downtime.  My crib sheet is at
http://dannyman.toldme.com/2005/01/24/freebsd-howto-gmirror-system/ .

If it does work for you, plesae let me know.  I'd be plased to hear that
it can handle Sparc. :)

Sincerely,
-danny