Date:      Sat, 16 Jul 2005 10:15:52 +0200
From:      Michael Nottebrock <lofi@freebsd.org>
To:        legalois@acm.org
Cc:        Anton Berezin <tobez@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade problems on 4.x

--nextPart1157397.OJ9GYH3Jy3

On Saturday, 16. July 2005 00:18, Jake Lloyd wrote:
> Mine are 4.9-RELEASE
> Sure, I knew support for these would start to run out, finally.
> just putting off spending an afternoon with mergemaster.

Well, you can just use the workaround Brandon posted ...

> But this has been the first real hitch with this aging version,
> and I still don't understand the spontaneous way the problem came up.

The bug is only triggered rather rarely. If you'd delete a few random port=
=20
directories from /usr/ports (or if you'd trace portsdb, find out the exact=
=20
portdir it crashes on and delete that), the dataset would probably be=20
sufficiently different to not trigger the crash.

=2D-=20
   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi@freebsd.org