Date:      Sun, 4 Sep 2005 13:47:11 +0200
From:      Roman Neuhauser <neuhauser@sigpipe.cz>
To:        "[LoN]Kamikaze" <LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: an alternative to 5.3.5

# LoN_Kamikaze@gmx.de / 2005-09-04 11:31:31 +0200:
> While reading through the porters handbook (section 5.3.5) I thought it
> would be an easy alternative to a reorganisation to have a keyword file
> for every port that holds in every line one keyword that represents a
> category (it's popular to call this tagging, now).

    Something like this is already in place, it's called CATEGORIES (a
    make macro).

> It would be easy to make a script that searches through all ports'
> keyword files.

    That already exists.

> It would make sense for such ports as java/eclipse which somehow in my
> opinion also belongs into devel, since it's a software development tool
> with plugins for a lot of programming languages like C/C++ or PHP.

    It *is* in devel:

    roman@isis /usr/ports 1007:0 > make search name=\^eclipse-'[[:digit:]]' display=path,cat
    Index:  java devel

    roman@isis /usr/ports 1008:0 > make -V CATEGORIES -f java/eclipse/Makefile      java devel