Date:      Wed, 19 Oct 2005 02:24:57 +0800
From:      Xin LI <delphij@frontfree.net>
To:        Bill Fenner <fenner@research.att.com>
Cc:        delphij@FreeBSD.org, hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cn.freebsd.org nameserver down?

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

Hi, Bill,

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 03:37:43PM -0700, Bill Fenner wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
>   I noticed that the distfile survey has been having trouble resolving
> ftp.cn.freebsd.org, and found:
>=20
> a) cn.freebsd.org has only one name server
> b) it's not responding to requests
>=20
> ;; ANSWER SECTION:
> cn.freebsd.org.         3600    IN      NS      freebsd.tepus.com.
>=20
> ..
> ; <<>> DiG 9.3.1 <<>> @freebsd.tepus.com a ftp.cn.freebsd.org
>=20
> May I suggest:
> a) Someone fix DNS on freebsd.tepus.com
> b) Someone provide secondary DNS for cn.freebsd.org.

The maintainer mailbox was known to bounce for more than two months
(see ports/chinese/chinput2/Makefile,v 1.12 for details), so it is
not practically feasible to set up a secondary DNS at this point...

We have set up two DNS servers that span two major ISP in China:
	210.51.165.229
	61.129.66.75

These servers points to our mirrors (also known as cvsup2-6 and
ftp.cn.FreeBSD.org, replaced the www mirror with ours,
added the Simplified Chinese Project website and a local
portsnap mirror).

I am the liaison of these mirrors.

Cheers,
--=20
Xin LI <delphij delphij net>	http://www.delphij.net/
See complete headers for GPG key and other information.

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu

--sdtB3X0nJg68CQEu--