Date:      Sat, 21 Jan 2006 18:26:45 -0500
From:      Jacob Frelinger <jolly@thecoffinclub.com>
To:        Adriaan de Groot <groot@kde.org>
Cc:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: asus a8n-vm csm question...

--R3G7APHDIzY6R/pk

On Sat, Jan 21, 2006 at 02:33:23PM +0100, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> On Friday 20 January 2006 23:49, Jacob Frelinger wrote:
> > I'm looking into any hint on getting the amd64 version of freebsd
> > working on a asus a8n-vm csm.  I've seen Adriaan de Groot's posts of
> > how to get the i386 version working, but i haven't found anything
> > about how to get the amd64 build to work.  the 6.0 install cd hangs
> > right after displaying "Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec".
> > would current have better luck then 6.0?
>=20
> Probably not until either the checks on BAD CHARACTER are relaxed *or* th=
e=20
> DSDT is fixed. You could try burning a new install CD with the modified D=
SDT=20
> on it and try that -- doing so is somewhere on my list of things to do, b=
ut=20
> it's so far down I can't even see it from here.

more good news, I got current installed using the DSDT, and its cvsuping so=
urces
right now. yeah!

# uname -a
FreeBSD  7.0-CURRENT-SNAP010 FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT-SNAP010 #0: Tue
Dec 13 19:13:03 UTC 2005
root@harrison.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

--=20
Jacob "I'm Brainy For Zombie Pops" Frelinger=20
Jolly at TheCoffinClub dot Com=20
http://www.thecoffinclub.com=20

--R3G7APHDIzY6R/pk

--R3G7APHDIzY6R/pk--