Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:51:58 -0500
From:      "michaela" <michaela@maa-net.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Qpopper v4.0.8

I was running an older version of Qpopper on my mailserver and had NO
problems whatsoever.  Everything was going great.  However, I just recently
upgraded to Qpopper v4.0.8 and now all of a sudden I can't access my mail
via POP3.

I'm running Qpopper via INETd and my /etc/inetd.conf file looks like this....

pop3    stream  tcp     nowait  root    /usr/local/libexec/qpopper qpopper -
s -T 600

However, when I try telnetting to localhost 110, I get the
dreaded, "CONNECTION CLOSED BY FOREIGN HOST" message.  NETSTAT shows that
Qpopper is listening on Port 110/TCP so I don't know what's wrong.
My /etc/hosts.allow file is set to allow ALL so that shouldn't be an issue.

I even executed KILLALL -HUP inetd numerous times and still no go.

I've poured through the Qpopper FAQs and documentation to see if I'm doing
anything wrong, or missing something, but I just can't seem to pinpoint it.

Any suggestions or details as to what I might be missing???

Any help is much appreciated.