Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:49:53 -0800
From:      Luigi Rizzo <rizzo@icir.org>
To:        Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: lo0 not starting on boot

On Thu, Mar 23, 2006 at 02:40:57PM -0600, Paul Schmehl wrote:
> Yes, and I found it.  There was a second instance of network_interfaces
> farther down in the /etc/rc.conf file.  It only listed the bge0 interface,
> and I'm certain it's being installed by a port.  I found the same problem

i had a similar problem earier when i tried to disable
automatic configuration of the wired ethernet on my laptop
and manually set network_interfaces to only list wi0.
I wonder whether in the past lo0 was configured irrespective
of the setting of network_interfaces, or i just remember
badly...

cheers
luigi