Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2006 17:28:53 -0300 (ADT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@freebsd.org>
To:        John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSDstats v3.0 - The Security Rewrite

On Mon, 14 Aug 2006, John Nielsen wrote:

> This is great!
>
> Is the 15-minute first-time waiting period enforced on the server side?
> Obviously there's nothing to stop an administrator from editing the script
> locally..

It is enforced on the server side ... in fact, one person just reported to
me that they killed the script and re-ran it, and the stats went through
... they didn't, the server side will reject the submission until the
first minute time has elapsed ... I've got some ideas on how to better
clean that up on the client side ...

----