Date:      Sat, 2 Dec 2006 07:54:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      Gerard Seibert <gerard@seibercom.net>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   pkgtools.conf error with portmanager

I know this was reported the other day; however, I have just encountered
it myself. Evidently, the last 'portupgrade' update is now causing
'portmanager' to issue this error message:

** Error occured reading /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:
         undefined method `x11base' for nil:NilClass
** Error occured reading /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf:
         undefined method `x11base' for nil:NilClass

It doesn't appear to be fatal, although I have not allowed it to run to
completion. Renaming the 'pkgtools.conf' file alleviates the problem.

Perhaps someone might have a suggestion.

--
Gerard
gerard@seibercom.net