Date:      Thu, 14 Dec 2006 11:37:01 -0600
From:      linimon@lonesome.com (Mark Linimon)
To:        Alexander Leidinger <netchild@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        vd@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/106707: [patch]: lang/icc: remove references to devel/stlport-icc

On Thu, Dec 14, 2006 at 02:31:47PM +0100, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> I think we should tell people with __FreeBSD_version < 502108 that
> they can't use the STL... or is this version out of the range of the
> supported releases?

5.X (X < 5) is no longer supported.  4.X secteam support ends Jan. 31,
2007.  (http://www.freebsd.org/security/index.html#adv)  The ports team
will try to keep the infrastructure going for a while
(http://www.freebsd.org/portmgr/policies_releng_4.html).

We've already told people that 4.X is no longer suitable for a desktop
due to GNOME having dropped support for it.  For servers, starting in
February, they should use the mailinglist freebsd-eol for community support.

mcl