Date:      Mon, 1 Jan 2007 20:25:36 +1100
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MythTV port

On Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:17:10 +1030
Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 27 December 2006 at 18:37:04 +0100, Torfinn Ingolfsen wrote:
> >
> > AFAIK, the situation is like this: the MythTV port is created, but
> > there are not many success reports yet. Perhaps because not a lot of
> > people have tried it yet, or perhaps because the port has problems.
>
> There's a good chance that both apply.
>
> As nominal maintainer, I should confess that I haven't found time to
> try it out.  I'm more interested in doing it well than doing it
> quickly, and I'll probably spend a lot of time ensuring that it
> configures easily.  Any help I can get there is welcome.
>
> After that, I'll only be using it for playback, at least until we get
> some DVB tuner support.

Hello everyone, I've been following the mythv  threads for a while... I've got
a Shuttle Zen ( model ST62K [1] ) P-4 3Ghz with a PVR-150 . It
didn't use to work with 5.3 (UDMA disk access was a dud), but since then I
tried it quickly with 6 and that issue was solved.

I'll be happy to try the mythv,etc , but I was wondering whether anyone knows
the support status of the ATI TV-OUT port - the card is a ATI Radeon 9100, with
Linux ATI drivers (binary  only)

Would those linux ATI drivers work if I installed the linux-Xorg port,
instead of native?

[1] http://global.shuttle.com/Product/barebone/brb_OverView.asp?B_id=29

TIA, and happy new year!!
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots.

Warned.