Date:      Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:21:51 +0100
From:      Thomas Sparrevohn <Thomas.Sparrevohn@btinternet.com>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Some comments on ZFS

On Monday 16 April 2007 20:05:55 Joerg t wrote:

> I'm also seeing a very odd behavior  regarding  memory consumption,
> with src and obj under zfs (different filesystems, same pool, compression
> off) the system begin to wire all memory and swap tops 1GB. Maybe there's
> something trashing memory on zfs ?

There is something weird - Just ran same test again to see whether it
was a fluke - it still take 1h12 - however I saw the oppersite of Joerg.
The "systat -vm" Freemem was permently on 2,2GB - this on a 4GB
system that normally shows a 1,2GB - or less after a buildworld.

hmm. Pawel are there tests that can help?