Date:      Fri, 20 Apr 2007 13:41:01 -0700
From:      Bakul Shah <bakul@bitblocks.com>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: experimental qemu-devel port update, please test!

> > > Or, did something in your kernel change maybe that necessitates
> > >a rebuild of the kqemu kld?
> >
> > Evidently that was it - after rebuilding/reinstalling the kqemu module,
> > all is well.  Nothing else changed to make it work.  Woohoo!  Thanks -
> > not sure why I didn't think of that.. :)

For this reason I have

PORTS_MODULES=emulators/kqemu-kmod

in /etc/make.conf so that it gets rebuilt when I rebuild the kernel.

>  Right, qemu doesn't come with one (I haven't played with pxe booting
> yet so I didn't even notice.)

Actually it does.  See /usr/local/share/qemu/pxe-* but due to
at lease one bug it doesn't work.

> > tried to make one, but it still didn't like it.  I'm not sure which
> > selection to pick from the rom-o-matic site.

I found and fixed one bug in src/core/osloader.c (in
etherboot-5.4.3 code) which allows me to get a little bit
further.  If anyone wants to play with this more, I can send
them my changes.