Date:      Sat, 19 May 2007 12:06:51 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brad Huntting <huntting@studious.glarp.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/112820: kdebase:  kdm runs 'halt' not 'shutdown -p'

>Number:         112820
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       kdebase:  kdm runs 'halt' not 'shutdown -p'
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD studious.glarp.com 6.2-STABLE FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE #2: Fri Feb 9 12:54:12 MST 2007 root@studious.glarp.com:/usr/src/sys/i386/compile/STUDIOUS i386

	Dispite its best attempts, the patch file
		/usr/ports/x11/kdebase3/files/patch-kdm-config.def
	does not work as advertised.

	The compiled-in default action for kdm-bin's "shutdown"
	option is (still) "halt" (with no arguments).  Looking at
	the kdm/config.def file which the afore mentioned patch
	attempts to fix, it would appear that the cpp symbol 'BSD'
	is not defined.

	If there are other places in the KDE system that use the
	'BSD' preprocessor symbol, then it should probably be defined
	globally for all kde builds.

>How-To-Repeat:
	Compile kdebase.  Edit the /usr/local/share/config/kdm/kdmrc
	and make sure the "HaltCmd=" line is commented out.  Start
	kdm.  Select the 'shutdown' option.  Watch your laptop
	battery discharge. ;)

>Fix:
	Perhaps adding -DBSD to the CPPFLAGS variable in
	/usr/ports/Mk/bsd.kde.mk?  Or perhaps just fixing the patch
	file by not assuming BSD is defined.  I dont know which
	would be more correct.