Date:      Sat, 2 Jun 2007 10:22:00 -0400
From:      Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Running "Windows Emulation" headless ... possible?

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 03:55:39PM +0200, Per Hedeland wrote:
> Scott Robbins <scottro@nyc.rr.com> wrote:
> >
> >On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 01:03:37PM +0200, Per Hedeland wrote:
> >>
> >> So does mine - of course, that's the line that is causing the error
> >> message - but it doesn't cause any actual problems.
> >
> >Now, in my case, and there may be something (else) that I've missed, if
> >tap is open I get that device exists error and qemu won't start.
>
> Humm, earlier you said that the networking failed... If qemu fails
> altogether, I think I see the reason: I actually have an 'exit 0' at the
> end of my qemu-ifup script, forgot to mention that before... - try it, I
> think you'll like it.:-)

Darn, you are GOOD.  Yup, that fixes that problem.  :)

Thanks again.

--

Scott Robbins

PGP keyID EB3467D6
( 1B48 077D 66F6 9DB0 FDC2 A409 FA54 EB34 67D6 )

What exactly does buildworld build anyway?  If it really does
build the world then there's the mother of all bug reports to file
somewhere!  (It's a FreeBSD joke)