Date:      Sat, 09 Feb 2008 00:04:00 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Panic when connecting USB drive to amd64

Hello,

First people (and this goes for all of us) - please trim your quotes!

On Fri, 08 Feb 2008 19:02:46 +0100
Ben Stuyts <ben@altesco.nl> wrote:

> I wrote:
>
> > Excuse the crosspost, I don't know if this is amd64 specific or not.
>
> I have connected the same drive to a different system, running a
> somewhat older version of i386 7.0, and it does not panic. So maybe
> it is amd64 specific. Here are the drive's details that came up:

Has this "different system" the same hardware? If not, chances are that
the fault is related to specific hardware rather than FreeBSD arch.
Examples: usb ohci versus ugci controllers, irq conflicts, etc.

HTH
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,