Date:      Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:11:28 -0500
From:      User Ota <ota@animenfo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Random driver for insanely old hardware

I have a question, just out of totally pure curiosity about one
particular piece of hardware.

Today I was browsin around Value Village (big giant thrift department
store in Canada) here in Sudbury, and I came across A "GCC Technologies
UltraDrive 50R", SCSI based and external -- from 1990.

Now here's the maybe not so wierd part: only 1 out of like 4 hits on
Google showed up as the UltraDrive 50R 50 Meg Removable Hard Drive,
using Ricoh optical removable hard drives.  I'm a fan of finding old
computer stuff, and running legacy machines just to see what it was like
and just for fun.

Anyways, my question is: I cannot find ANYTHING whatsoever on the
internet about this product.  Out of pure curiosity, was there ever a
driver available for FreeBSD; or, if you can comment, linux kernel?  I
just really wanna know. :P

Russell Doucette