Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 2008 01:21:55 +0300
From:      Ion-Mihai Tetcu <itetcu@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Alicia Beuke" <abeuke@lancope.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Website priase and Link suggestions for FreeBSD

--Sig_/XOfZGX.zsatE8e..Jr.2FQv

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 14:53:44 -0400
"Alicia Beuke" <abeuke@lancope.com> wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern:
>=20
> While browsing security appliances websites, I came across your page
> about hardware vendors. After spending some time browsing your site, I
> was highly impressed with the breadth and depth of high quality of
> information and saw it was a really great resource for network and
> security professionals.
>=20
> Our company, Lancope.com, works in the Network Behavior Analysis
> industry.  Our product, StealthWatch (a hardware appliance product),
> leverages NetFlow or sFlow to gather flow data that helps provide
> company's end-to-end network visibility for both network and security
> administrators.
>=20
> Since you list links to other companies similar to ours, I am curious if
> you feel that a link to Lancope.com would be of help to your website
> visitors.  If so, I was wondering if you felt that your visitors would
> benefit from adding a link to the Lancope.com website on this page:
> http://www.freebsd.org/commercial/hardware.html              =20

Does your software run on FreeBSD? Is you appliance based on FreeBSD?
What is the connection with FreeBSD? Searching 'FreeBSD' on your site:
You searched for : FreeBSD
No records found - try again (0.17s)

The page you quote above says, at the beginning:
"The power, flexibility, and reliability of FreeBSD attract a wide
variety of users and vendors. Here you will find vendors offering
commercial products and/or services for FreeBSD."

Do you offer such services?

BTW, also at the beginning is the recommend way to get listed:
"If your company supports a FreeBSD-compatible product or service that
should be added to this page, please fill out a problem report for
category www. Submissions should be in HTML and a medium-sized
paragraph in length."

HTH,

--=20