Date:      Sun, 9 Nov 2008 12:48:51 -0500
From:      Dan <dan-freebsd-questions@ourbrains.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UFS2 limits

Erik Trulsson(ertr1013@student.uu.se)@2008.11.09 17:53:14 +0100:
> Personally I cannot think of any situation where one would actually want
> (let alone need) as many as 30000 or more subdirectories in a single
> directory.

I've seen some Java apps that use the FS as the DB. Nothing wrong with
that. I think an FS can be quite a good DB, if implemented well. This gives
many data manipulation options with traditional FS tools, shell
scripts, etc.

Large Maildirs for postfix and qmail/Courier. Some people don't delete
email at all.