Date:      Mon, 1 Dec 2008 15:33:33 +0200
From:      Ilias Marinos <marinosi@ceid.upatras.gr>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   TPM Device Driver - FreeBSD

Hello list,

  We are two undergraduate students studying computer engineering and
informatics at Patra's University, Greece. We are currently working on
our diploma thesis which is about developing a driver for the TPM
(Trusted Platform Module) for FreeBSD.We think that TPM can enhance
security in FreeBSD and could be a great addition to the TrustedBSD
project.

  We are still in the begining of the project and since this is our first
effort in implementing a device driver we are trying to gather and read
all available documentation on the subject first. However, we were
unable to find a source of information related to how the BSD kernel and
device communication is implemented and we would greatly appreciate it
if you could point us one; either in form of a book or an
article/tutorial.

  Last but not least, we'd like to make clear that we are oppossed to any
DRM-related use of this device, however we believe that the TPM can be
used in security or cryptographic applications.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Best Regards,
Marinos Ilias <marinosi@ceid.upatras.gr>
Mellos Seraphim <mellos@ceid.upatras.gr>

--
echo "Sysadmin know better bash than english." | sed s/min/mins/ \