Date:      Thu, 28 May 2009 18:57:47 GMT
From:      Ralf Folkerts <ralf.folkerts@gmx.de>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   amd64/135040: FreeBSD/amd64 does not (always) detect disk on SB600/AliveXFire eSata 2

>Number:         135040
>Category:       amd64
>Synopsis:       FreeBSD/amd64 does not (always) detect disk on SB600/AliveXFire eSata 2
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
Short: FreeBSD/amd64 7.2-RELEASE does not detect SATA disk on SB600. FreeBSD/amd64 7-STABLE from ~last week will detect the disk but cannot mount. FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE/i386 has no Problem detecting that disk, can also mount and runs (at least seems to) OK.

Long: I updated my MB to ALiveXFire eSata2 R3.0 plus AMD Athlon X2 5050e last week (before it was 939-DUAL SATA2 with Athlon64/3200+). First ran memtest for one full pass to make sure memory was OK.

When booting off the SATA Disk it did detect the disk (ad4) but then was unable to mount root and stopped, asking for the root-Slice. When entering ad4s1a (which is the root slice) it displayed the error again. When entering (I think it was ? to display the slices) it did display all slices (ad4s1a, ad4s1b, ad4s1d, ...) correctly.

So I decided to get to a serial console to get Output suitable to put into a PR. I booted off the 7.2-RELEASE/amd64 DVD, entered Fixit -- but it didn't even detect the disk at all. Then, after several tries, I downloaded the 7.2-RELEASE/i386 DVD and booted off that DVD. It did detect the Disk w/o any Problem, I was able to mount ad4s1a and make the changes to /etc/ttys and create the /boot.config.

Now, when booting with serial console the System just booted fine, i.e. it was able to mount / and all other Partitions.

Then, being a bit afraid due to the problems I started a buildworld/buildkernel.

After ~30 min. The compile stopped with a error. When trying to look after that I was unable to start vi, as there were some Problems with missing SOs reported. I rebooted the machine (again with serial console) and found that / was destroyed (well, first I started to fsck it, but after a long time pressing y/enter I found that ALL files were moved to lost+found. /tmp was even more corrupt, was unable to fsck. In the end I put the old MB back in place, created / and /tmp anew and restored / from bacula.

Now, I did change the Power Supply and the MB (incl. Memory) and the Graphics Adapter today and tried again. Same results.

So, I did install a new SATA Disk, installed FBSD 7.2.RELEASE/i386 w/o any Problems and I'm currently running the second make buildworld installworld on that System w/o any Problems.

Pls. note that a "dual boot" installed Kubuntu 9.04/amd64 works OK, as does the FBSD/i386.

When searching the amd64-ML I found a Mail from 2007 re. a Problem that SB600 Reports it's able for 64-bit addressing while it indeed is not. Not sure if this has sthg. to do with the Problem.

Here's the pcivonf -vl from the system booted off FBSD-7.2/i386:

hostb0@pci0:0:0:0:      class=0x060000 card=0x59501849 chip=0x59501002 rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device     = 'RS480 Host Bridge'
    class      = bridge
    subclass   = HOST-PCI
pcib1@pci0:0:2:0:       class=0x060400 card=0x5a341849 chip=0x5a341002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x01
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device     = 'RS480 PCI-X Root Port'
    class      = bridge
    subclass   = PCI-PCI
pcib2@pci0:0:5:0:       class=0x060400 card=0x5a371849 chip=0x5a371002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x01
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device     = 'RS480 PCI Bridge'
    class      = bridge
    subclass   = PCI-PCI
atapci0@pci0:0:18:0:    class=0x010601 card=0x43821849 chip=0x43801002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device     = 'IXP SB600 Serial ATA Controller'
    class      = mass storage
    subclass   = SATA
ohci0@pci0:0:19:0:      class=0x0c0310 card=0x43871849 chip=0x43871002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device     = 'IXP SB600 USB Controller (OHCI0)'
    class      = serial bus
    subclass   = USB
ohci1@pci0:0:19:1:      class=0x0c0310 card=0x43881849 chip=0x43881002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device     = 'IXP SB600 USB Controller (OHCI1)'
    class      = serial bus
    subclass   = USB
ohci2@pci0:0:19:2:      class=0x0c0310 card=0x43891849 chip=0x43891002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device     = 'IXP SB600 USB Controller (OHCI2)'
    class      = serial bus
    subclass   = USB
ohci3@pci0:0:19:3:      class=0x0c0310 card=0x438a1849 chip=0x438a1002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device     = 'IXP SB600 USB Controller (OHCI3)'
    class      = serial bus
    subclass   = USB
ohci4@pci0:0:19:4:      class=0x0c0310 card=0x438b1849 chip=0x438b1002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device     = 'IXP SB600 USB Controller (OHCI4)'
    class      = serial bus
    subclass   = USB
ehci0@pci0:0:19:5:      class=0x0c0320 card=0x43861849 chip=0x43861002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device     = 'IXP SB600 USB Controller (EHCI)'
    class      = serial bus
    subclass   = USB
none0@pci0:0:20:0:      class=0x0c0500 card=0x43851849 chip=0x43851002 rev=0x13 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device     = 'IXP SB600 SMBUS Controller'
    class      = serial bus
    subclass   = SMBus
atapci1@pci0:0:20:1:    class=0x01018a card=0x438c1849 chip=0x438c1002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device     = 'IXP SB600 ATA Controller'
    class      = mass storage
    subclass   = ATA
none1@pci0:0:20:2:      class=0x040300 card=0x06621849 chip=0x43831002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device     = 'IXP SB600 High Definition Audio Controller'
    class      = multimedia
    subclass   = HDA
isab0@pci0:0:20:3:      class=0x060100 card=0x438d1849 chip=0x438d1002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device     = 'IXP SB600 PCI to LPC Bridge'
    class      = bridge
    subclass   = PCI-ISA
pcib3@pci0:0:20:4:      class=0x060401 card=0x00000000 chip=0x43841002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x01
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device     = 'IXP SB600 PCI to PCI Bridge'
    class      = bridge
    subclass   = PCI-PCI
hostb1@pci0:0:24:0:     class=0x060000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x11001022 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)'
    device     = '(K8) Athlon 64/Opteron HyperTransport Technology Configuration'
    class      = bridge
    subclass   = HOST-PCI
hostb2@pci0:0:24:1:     class=0x060000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x11011022 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)'
    device     = '(K8) Athlon 64/Opteron Address Map'
    class      = bridge
    subclass   = HOST-PCI
hostb3@pci0:0:24:2:     class=0x060000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x11021022 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)'
    device     = '(K8) Athlon 64/Opteron DRAM Controller'
    class      = bridge
    subclass   = HOST-PCI
hostb4@pci0:0:24:3:     class=0x060000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x11031022 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)'
    device     = '(K8) Athlon 64/Opteron Miscellaneous Control'
    class      = bridge
    subclass   = HOST-PCI
vgapci0@pci0:2:0:0:     class=0x030000 card=0xe400174b chip=0x95c51002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    class      = display
    subclass   = VGA
none2@pci0:2:0:1:       class=0x040300 card=0xaa28174b chip=0xaa281002 rev=0x00 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    class      = multimedia
    subclass   = HDA
re0@pci0:1:0:0: class=0x020000 card=0x81681849 chip=0x816810ec rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Realtek Semiconductor'
    device     = 'RTL8168/8111 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC'
    class      = network
    subclass   = ethernet

Here's the dmesg from booting 7.2/i386
Copyright (c) 1992-2009 The FreeBSD Project.
Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
        The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
FreeBSD is a registered trademark of The FreeBSD Foundation.
FreeBSD 7.2-RELEASE #0: Fri May  1 08:49:13 UTC 2009
    root@walker.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
Timecounter "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 0
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 5050e (2593.00-MHz 686-class CPU)
  Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0x60fb2  Stepping = 2
  Features=0x178bfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT>
  Features2=0x2001<SSE3,CX16>
  AMD Features=0xea500800<SYSCALL,NX,MMX+,FFXSR,RDTSCP,LM,3DNow!+,3DNow!>
  AMD Features2=0x11f<LAHF,CMP,SVM,ExtAPIC,CR8,Prefetch>
  TSC: P-state invariant
  Cores per package: 2
real memory  = 3489333248 (3327 MB)
avail memory = 3409989632 (3252 MB)
ACPI APIC Table: <A M I  OEMAPIC >
FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor System Detected: 2 CPUs
 cpu0 (BSP): APIC ID:  0
 cpu1 (AP): APIC ID:  1
ioapic0 <Version 2.1> irqs 0-23 on motherboard
kbd1 at kbdmux0
acpi0: <A M I OEMRSDT> on motherboard
acpi0: [ITHREAD]
acpi0: Power Button (fixed)
acpi0: reservation of 0, a0000 (3) failed
acpi0: reservation of 100000, cff00000 (3) failed
Timecounter "ACPI-fast" frequency 3579545 Hz quality 1000
acpi_timer0: <32-bit timer at 3.579545MHz> port 0x808-0x80b on acpi0
pcib0: <ACPI Host-PCI bridge> port 0xcf8-0xcff on acpi0
pci0: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib0
pcib1: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> at device 2.0 on pci0
pci2: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib1
vgapci0: <VGA-compatible display> port 0xe000-0xe0ff mem 0xd0000000-0xdfffffff,0xfebf0000-0xfebfffff irq 18 at device 0.0 on pci2
pci2: <multimedia, HDA> at device 0.1 (no driver attached)
pcib2: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> at device 5.0 on pci0
pci1: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib2
re0: <RealTek 8168/8168B/8168C/8168CP/8168D/8111B/8111C/8111CP PCIe Gigabit Ethernet> port 0xd800-0xd8ff mem 0xfeaff000-0xfeafffff irq 17 at device 0.0 on pci1
re0: Using 1 MSI messages
re0: Chip rev. 0x38000000
re0: MAC rev. 0x00000000
miibus0: <MII bus> on re0
rgephy0: <RTL8169S/8110S/8211B media interface> PHY 1 on miibus0
rgephy0:  10baseT, 10baseT-FDX, 100baseTX, 100baseTX-FDX, 1000baseT, 1000baseT-FDX, auto
re0: Ethernet address: 00:19:66:98:36:7a
re0: [FILTER]
atapci0: <ATI AHCI controller> port 0xc000-0xc007,0xb000-0xb003,0xa000-0xa007,0x9000-0x9003,0x8000-0x800f mem 0xfe9ff800-0xfe9ffbff irq 22 at device 18.0 on pci0
atapci0: [ITHREAD]
atapci0: AHCI Version 01.10 controller with 4 ports detected
ata2: <ATA channel 0> on atapci0
ata2: [ITHREAD]
ata3: <ATA channel 1> on atapci0
ata3: [ITHREAD]
ata4: <ATA channel 2> on atapci0
ata4: [ITHREAD]
ata5: <ATA channel 3> on atapci0
ata5: [ITHREAD]
ohci0: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> mem 0xfe9fe000-0xfe9fefff irq 16 at device 19.0 on pci0
ohci0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
ohci0: [ITHREAD]
usb0: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb0: SMM does not respond, resetting
usb0: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> on ohci0
usb0: USB revision 1.0
uhub0: <ATI OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1> on usb0
ohci1: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> mem 0xfe9fd000-0xfe9fdfff irq 17 at device 19.1 on pci0
ohci1: [GIANT-LOCKED]
ohci1: [ITHREAD]
usb1: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb1: SMM does not respond, resetting
usb1: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> on ohci1
usb1: USB revision 1.0
uhub1: <ATI OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1> on usb1
ohci2: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> mem 0xfe9fc000-0xfe9fcfff irq 18 at device 19.2 on pci0
ohci2: [GIANT-LOCKED]
ohci2: [ITHREAD]
usb2: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb2: SMM does not respond, resetting
usb2: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> on ohci2
usb2: USB revision 1.0
uhub2: <ATI OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1> on usb2
ohci3: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> mem 0xfe9fb000-0xfe9fbfff irq 17 at device 19.3 on pci0
ohci3: [GIANT-LOCKED]
ohci3: [ITHREAD]
usb3: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb3: SMM does not respond, resetting
usb3: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> on ohci3
usb3: USB revision 1.0
uhub3: <ATI OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1> on usb3
ohci4: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> mem 0xfe9fa000-0xfe9fafff irq 18 at device 19.4 on pci0
ohci4: [GIANT-LOCKED]
ohci4: [ITHREAD]
usb4: OHCI version 1.0, legacy support
usb4: SMM does not respond, resetting
usb4: <OHCI (generic) USB controller> on ohci4
usb4: USB revision 1.0
uhub4: <ATI OHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 1.00/1.00, addr 1> on usb4
ehci0: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> mem 0xfe9ff000-0xfe9ff0ff irq 19 at device 19.5 on pci0
ehci0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
ehci0: [ITHREAD]
usb5: EHCI version 1.0
usb5: companion controllers, 2 ports each: usb0 usb1 usb2 usb3 usb4
usb5: <EHCI (generic) USB 2.0 controller> on ehci0
usb5: USB revision 2.0
uhub5: <ATI EHCI root hub, class 9/0, rev 2.00/1.00, addr 1> on usb5
pci0: <serial bus, SMBus> at device 20.0 (no driver attached)
atapci1: <ATI IXP600 UDMA133 controller> port 0x1f0-0x1f7,0x3f6,0x170-0x177,0x376,0xff00-0xff0f at device 20.1 on pci0
ata0: <ATA channel 0> on atapci1
ata0: [ITHREAD]
pci0: <multimedia, HDA> at device 20.2 (no driver attached)
isab0: <PCI-ISA bridge> at device 20.3 on pci0
isa0: <ISA bus> on isab0
pcib3: <ACPI PCI-PCI bridge> at device 20.4 on pci0
pci3: <ACPI PCI bus> on pcib3
acpi_button0: <Power Button> on acpi0
atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> port 0x60,0x64 irq 1 on acpi0
atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> irq 1 on atkbdc0
kbd0 at atkbd0
atkbd0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
atkbd0: [ITHREAD]
psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
psm0: [ITHREAD]
psm0: model IntelliMouse Explorer, device ID 4
sio0: <16550A-compatible COM port> port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on acpi0
sio0: type 16550A
sio0: [FILTER]
cpu0: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
acpi_throttle0: <ACPI CPU Throttling> on cpu0
acpi_throttle0: CLK_VAL field overlaps THT_EN bit
device_attach: acpi_throttle0 attach returned 6
powernow0: <PowerNow! K8> on cpu0
cpu1: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
powernow1: <PowerNow! K8> on cpu1
pmtimer0 on isa0
orm0: <ISA Option ROM> at iomem 0xc0000-0xcf7ff pnpid ORM0000 on isa0
ppc0: <Parallel port> at port 0x378-0x37f irq 7 on isa0
ppc0: SMC-like chipset (ECP/EPP/PS2/NIBBLE) in COMPATIBLE mode
ppc0: FIFO with 16/16/9 bytes threshold
ppbus0: <Parallel port bus> on ppc0
ppbus0: [ITHREAD]
plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus0
plip0: WARNING: using obsoleted IFF_NEEDSGIANT flag
lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0
ppc0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
ppc0: [ITHREAD]
sc0: <System console> at flags 0x100 on isa0
sc0: VGA <16 virtual consoles, flags=0x300>
sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio1: port may not be enabled
vga0: <Generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3c0-0x3df iomem 0xa0000-0xbffff on isa0
Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec
acd0: DVDR <HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B/A105> at ata0-master UDMA33
ad4: 152627MB <FUJITSU MHY2160BH 0000000B> at ata2-master SATA150
SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s2 is ufsid/4a1ec31dd6bb02e3.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1a is ufsid/4a1ec31b563d5ead.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1d is ufsid/4a1ec31bd7eb8253.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1e is ufsid/4a1ec31c955537cd.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1f is ufsid/4a1ec31b241e27e0.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1g is ufsid/4a1ec31e5a823bb1.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1h is ufsid/4a1ec31b8c6414e2.
Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ad4s1a
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a1ec31b563d5ead removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1a is ufsid/4a1ec31b563d5ead.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a1ec31b241e27e0 removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1f is ufsid/4a1ec31b241e27e0.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a1ec31b8c6414e2 removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1h is ufsid/4a1ec31b8c6414e2.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a1ec31bd7eb8253 removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1d is ufsid/4a1ec31bd7eb8253.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a1ec31c955537cd removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1e is ufsid/4a1ec31c955537cd.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a1ec31dd6bb02e3 removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s2 is ufsid/4a1ec31dd6bb02e3.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a1ec31e5a823bb1 removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1g is ufsid/4a1ec31e5a823bb1.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a1ec31b563d5ead removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a1ec31b241e27e0 removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a1ec31b8c6414e2 removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a1ec31bd7eb8253 removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a1ec31c955537cd removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a1ec31dd6bb02e3 removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a1ec31e5a823bb1 removed.
drm0: <ATI Radeon HD 3450> on vgapci0
vgapci0: child drm0 requested pci_enable_busmaster
info: [drm] Initialized radeon 1.29.0 20080528
info: [drm] Setting GART location based on new memory map
info: [drm] Loading RV620 CP Microcode
info: [drm] Loading RV620 PFP Microcode
info: [drm] Resetting GPU
info: [drm] writeback test succeeded in 1 usecs
drm0: [ITHREAD]
info: [drm] Resetting GPU

And here is the dmesg from booting 7-STABLE off the disk with serial console
Copyright (c) 1979, 1980, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994
        The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
FreeBSD is a registered trademark of The FreeBSD Foundation.
FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE #0: Sat May 23 17:58:51 CEST 2009
    root@:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
Timecounter "i8254" frequency 1193182 Hz quality 0
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) Dual Core Processor 5050e (2593.00-MHz K8-class CPU)
  Origin = "AuthenticAMD"  Id = 0x60fb2  Stepping = 2
  Features=0x178bfbff<FPU,VME,DE,PSE,TSC,MSR,PAE,MCE,CX8,APIC,SEP,MTRR,PGE,MCA,CMOV,PAT,PSE36,CLFLUSH,MMX,FXSR,SSE,SSE2,HTT>
  Features2=0x2001<SSE3,CX16>
  AMD Features=0xea500800<SYSCALL,NX,MMX+,FFXSR,RDTSCP,LM,3DNow!+,3DNow!>
  AMD Features2=0x11f<LAHF,CMP,SVM,ExtAPIC,CR8,Prefetch>
  TSC: P-state invariant
  Cores per package: 2
usable memory = 4281110528 (4082 MB)
avail memory  = 4108648448 (3918 MB)
[...]
atapci0: <ATI IXP600 SATA300 controller> port 0xc000-0xc007,0xb000-0xb003,0xa000-0xa007,0x9000-0x9003,0x8000-0x800f mem 0xfe9ff800-0xfe9ffbff irq 22 at device 18.0 on pci0
[...]
ppc0: <Parallel port> port 0x378-0x37f,0x778-0x77f irq 7 drq 3 on acpi0
ppc0: SMC-like chipset (ECP/EPP/PS2/NIBBLE) in COMPATIBLE mode
ppc0: FIFO with 16/16/9 bytes threshold
ppbus0: <Parallel port bus> on ppc0
ppbus0: [ITHREAD]
plip0: <PLIP network interface> on ppbus0
plip0: WARNING: using obsoleted IFF_NEEDSGIANT flag
lpt0: <Printer> on ppbus0
lpt0: Interrupt-driven port
ppi0: <Parallel I/O> on ppbus0
ppc0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
ppc0: [ITHREAD]
atkbdc0: <Keyboard controller (i8042)> port 0x60,0x64 irq 1 on acpi0
atkbd0: <AT Keyboard> irq 1 on atkbdc0
kbd0 at atkbd0
atkbd0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
atkbd0: [ITHREAD]
psm0: <PS/2 Mouse> irq 12 on atkbdc0
psm0: [GIANT-LOCKED]
psm0: [ITHREAD]
psm0: model IntelliMouse Explorer, device ID 4
sio0: configured irq 4 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio0: port may not be enabled
sio0: configured irq 4 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio0: port may not be enabled
sio0: <16550A-compatible COM port> port 0x3f8-0x3ff irq 4 flags 0x10 on acpi0
sio0: type 16550A, console
sio0: [FILTER]
cpu0: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
acpi_throttle0: <ACPI CPU Throttling> on cpu0
acpi_throttle0: CLK_VAL field overlaps THT_EN bit
device_attach: acpi_throttle0 attach returned 6
powernow0: <PowerNow! K8> on cpu0
cpu1: <ACPI CPU> on acpi0
powernow1: <PowerNow! K8> on cpu1
orm0: <ISA Option ROM> at iomem 0xc0000-0xcf7ff on isa0
sc0: <System console> at flags 0x100 on isa0
sc0: VGA <16 virtual consoles, flags=0x100>
sio1: configured irq 3 not in bitmap of probed irqs 0
sio1: port may not be enabled
vga0: <Generic ISA VGA> at port 0x3c0-0x3df iomem 0xa0000-0xbffff on isa0
Timecounters tick every 1.000 msec
acd0: DVDR <HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B/A105> at ata0-master UDMA33
ad4: 152627MB <SAMSUNG HD160JJ ZM100-41> at ata2-master SATA300
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s2 is ntfs/windows.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1a is ufsid/4a17e895ae93c56c.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1d is ufsid/4555f40d53d77fa6.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1e is ufsid/4555f40e1abe75a2.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1f is ufsid/4555f40dc98a85c3.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1g is ufsid/4555f40f92d00e7c.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s1h is ufsid/4a17e8a2d5bec7ff.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s5 is ntfs/Daten.
GEOM_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s9a is ufsid/485c12a9e65d38b5.
acd0: FAILURE - INQUIRY ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x24 ascq=0x00 sks=0x40 0x00 0x01
(probe0:ata0:0:0:0): TEST UNIT READY. CDB: 0 0 0 0 0 0
(probe0:ata0:0:0:0): CAM Status: SCSI Status Error
(probe0:ata0:0:0:0): SCSI Status: Check Condition
(probe0:ata0:0:0:0): NOT READY csi:0,0,bb,0 asc:3a,0
(probe0:ata0:0:0:0): Medium not present
(probe0:ata0:0:0:0): Unretryable error
acd0: FAILURE - INQUIRY ILLEGAL REQUEST asc=0x24 ascq=0x00 sks=0x40 0x00 0x01
SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched!
cd0 at ata0 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
cd0: <HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4163B A105> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
cd0: 33.000MB/s transfers
cd0: Attempt to query device size failed: NOT READY, Medium not present
Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ad4s1a
kernel dumps on /dev/ad4s1b
Entropy harvesting: interrupts ethernet point_to_point kickstart.
swapon: adding /dev/ad4s1b as swap device
Starting file syGstem checks:
EOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a17e895ae93c56c removed.
/dev/ad4s1a: FILGE SYSTEM CLEAN; EOSKIPPING CHECKSM_
L/dev/ad4s1a: cleABan, 162448 free EL(1000 frags, 201: 81 blocks, 0.2% Lafragmentation)
bel for provider ad4s1a is ufsid/4a17e895ae93c56c.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a17e8a2d5bec7ff removed.
/dev/ad4s1h: FILE SYSTEM CLEAN; GESKIPPING CHECKSOM
_/dev/ad4s1h: cleLAan, 2029020 freeBE (76 frags, 2536L:18 blocks, 0.0%  Lfragmentation)
abel for provider ad4s1h is ufsid/4a17e8a2d5bec7ff.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4555f40d53d77fa6 removed.
/dev/ad4s1d: FILGE SYSTEM CLEAN; EOSKIPPING CHECKSM_
LA/dev/ad4s1d: cleBEan, 1786627 freeL: (261843 frags,  L190598 blocks, 3ab.2% fragmentatioeln)
 for provider ad4s1d is ufsid/4555f40d53d77fa6.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4555f40dc98a85c3 removed.
/dev/ad4s1f: FILGEE SYSTEM CLEAN; OMSKIPPING CHECKS_
L/dev/ad4s1f: cleABan, 2440940 freeEL (28292 frags, 3: 01581 blocks, 0.La4% fragmentationbe)
l for provider ad4s1f is ufsid/4555f40dc98a85c3.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4555f40e1abe75a2 removed.
/dev/ad4s1e: FILGE SYSTEM CLEAN; ESKIPPING CHECKSOM
_L/dev/ad4s1e: cleABan, 1693997 freeEL (48621 frags, 2: 05672 blocks, 1.La9% fragmentationbe)
l for provider ad4s1e is ufsid/4555f40e1abe75a2.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4555f40f92d00e7c removed.
/dev/ad4s1g: FILGE SYSTEM CLEAN; EOSKIPPING CHECKSM_
LA/dev/ad4s1g: cleBan, 367702 free EL(7358 frags, 450: 43 blocks, 1.5% Lafragmentation)
bel for provider ad4s1g is ufsid/4555f40f92d00e7c.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/485c12a9e65d38b5 removed.
/dev/ad4s9a: FILE SYSTEM CLEAN; SKIPPING CHECKS
/dev/ad4s9a: clean, 748600 free G(768 frags, 9347EO9 blocks, 0.0% fMragmentation)
_LABEL: Label for provider ad4s9a is ufsid/485c12a9e65d38b5.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4a17e895ae93c56c removed.
Setting hostuuidG: 00020003-0004-E0005-0006-000700O080009.
MSetting hostid: _0x81f4ec68.
LMounting local fAile systems:BEL: Label ufsid/4a17e8a2d5bec7ff removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4555f40d53d77fa6 removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4555f40dc98a85c3 removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4555f40e1abe75a2 removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/4555f40f92d00e7c removed.
GEOM_LABEL: Label ufsid/485c12a9e65d38b5 removed.
.
Setting hostname: beaster.home.folkerts-net.de.
net.inet6.ip6.auto_linklocal: 1 -> 0
hw.snd.maxautovchans: 16 -> 4
vfs.usermount: 0 -> 1
kern.ipc.shmmax: 33554432 -> 67108864
kern.ipc.shmall: 8192 -> 32768
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384
        inet6 fe80::1%lreo0 prefixlen 64 0:scopeid 0x3
        i net6 ::1 prefixllien 128
        inet 1nk27.0.0.1 netmask s 0xff000000
taroute: writing tteo routing socket c: Network is unrhaeachable
add nengt default: gateweday 10.0.0.1: Net work is unreachatoble
route: writ Ding to routing sOWocket: Network iNs unreachable
dd net 192.168.74.0: gateway 10.0.0.2: Network is unreachable
Additional routing options:.
Starting devd.
hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: C1 -> C1
Additional IP options:.
Mounting NFS file systems:[udp] freenas:/mnt/daten: RPCPROG_NFS: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to send
mount_nfs: Cannot immediately mount freenas:/mnt/daten, backgrounding
[udp] freenas:/mnt/medien: RPCPROG_NFS: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to send
mount_nfs: Cannot immediately mount freenas:/mnt/medien, backgrounding
.
ELF ldconfig path: /lib /usr/lib /usr/lib/compat /usr/local/lib /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg /usr/local/kde4/lib /usr/local/lib/compat /usr/local/lib/compat/pkg /usr/local/lib/gcc-4.3.4 /usr/local/lib/gcc/x86_64-portbld-freebsd7.1/3.4.6 /usr/local/lib/gegl-0.0 /usr/local/lib/gnash /usr/local/lib/graphviz /usr/local/lib/kde3 /usr/local/lib/mysql /usr/local/lib/nss /usr/local/lib/pth /usr/local/lib/qt4 /usr/local/lib/virtualbox
32-bit compatibility ldconfig path: /usr/lib32 /usr/local/lib32/compat
Clearing /tmp.
Creating and/or trimming log files:.
Starting syslogd.
Checking for core dump on /dev/ad4s1b...
savecore: no dumps found
Initial amd64 initialization:.
Additional ABI support: linux.
Starting named.

Pls. note that the numerous network-Problems occur because I have bge0 configured but the IF on the new Board is re0.

Hope I didn't forget anything?
Would really be cool if this could be fixed :-)
>How-To-Repeat:
Ideally it should occur when trying to boot FBSD-7/am64 from a SB600-based MB, probably it also requires a 5050e Proc. or even a ALiveXFire eSATA2 :-(