Date:      Fri, 5 Jun 2009 16:23:11 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Lars Eighner <luvbeastie@larseighner.com>
To:        Grant Peel <gpeel@thenetnow.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RegEx

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009, Grant Peel wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know of a current mailing list that discusses regular
> expressions?

No.  Well I don't anyway.

> I have Googled a number of time, but everything I find is old.

Sometimes the old stuff is best.  If you had googled very much you should
have encounter a statement of this fact: regexes are not suitable for
parsing HTML.  (Yes, everyone does it for simple one-liner operations when
they have complete control of the source and know what is in it.  But for
production code, regexes won't do, and there should be pages and pages of
explanations for why it won't.)

Install the p5-HTML-Parser port in the www ports.

Address further questions to an appropriate perl forum.

--
Lars Eighner
http://www.larseighner.com/index.html