Date:      Tue, 23 Jun 2009 04:55:51 +0100
From:      Frank Shute <frank@shute.org.uk>
To:        Paul van der Zwan <paulz@vanderzwan.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Checksum mismatches when csup-ing.

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 07:17:40PM +0200, Paul van der Zwan wrote:

> The last few days I see a dozens of Checksum mismatches when csup-ing
> src-all from cvsup.freebsd.org.
> No errors appear on ports-all.
> Is there a problem with the cvs repository ?

Most people will use a local mirror as listed in the handbook:

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html

Check and see if you have the same problem with one of the mirror
sites.

If you've got the same problem, then your cvsup config file for src
could be up the creek.

If the problem disappears, then the server is up the creek.

> The fact that all errors are on src-all and none on ports-all make me
> suspect it is not a local problem on
> my system as both end up on the same filesystem here.
>
> Paul
>
> PS I am not on this list so please reply directly as well

Regards,

--

 Frank