Date:      Wed, 09 Sep 2009 15:32:18 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Shared folders with Window 7 Ultimate Release

I have installed VB on my laptop and installed the RTM of Windows7. It
went very smoothly! I have now added Office and Visio, but I have run
into a major problem...shared folders (or the lack of them).

I installed the guest additions. Since no 3.0.51 set was available, I
used 3.0.6. Then I set up a folder as shared. It shows up in the bar at
the bottom of the VB window, but I have been unable to map it or access
it in Windows. I have opened the network and the only things there are
my computer and "media devices". No VirtualBox share. If I "Map Network
Drive" and click "Browse", I also don't see the VB share folder.

Am I missing something or is there a problem with shared folders on
Windows 7 Release?

(I searched the list archives and found nothing on this. I apologize if
I missed it.)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)