Date:      Mon, 30 Nov 2009 07:41:30 +0300
From:      Andrey Chernov <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Ed Schouten <ed@80386.nl>
Cc:        FreeBSD Current <current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [Heads up] TERM=xterm is now the default (on non-i386)

--qMm9M+Fa2AknHoGS

On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 07:00:21AM +0100, Ed Schouten wrote:
> Hi folks,
>=20
> I just committed the previously mentioned patch to SVN. Please refer to
> the last part of the commit message to see what you can do when you run
> into trouble.

It seems xterm emulator can't co-exist with screen maps, namely
vidcontrol -l koi8-r2cp866
I got Russian letters everywhere instead of vt100 pseudographics due to=20
missing (i.e. default) ac=3D termcap capability (f.e. in tzsetup etc.)
There are 2 ways to fix it.
1) Make separate xterm-r with corrected ac=3D (that way is ugly).
2) Don't seek for vt100 pseudographics in loaded font at all, just use=20
internal kernel font.
Please decide how to fix this better. For now only fallback to '-T cons25'=
=20
is solution for Russian users.

--=20
http://ache.pp.ru/