Date:      Sun, 7 Feb 2010 19:32:16 +0000
From:      Frank Shute <frank@shute.org.uk>
To:        n dhert <ndhert@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade, batch mode?

On Sun, Feb 07, 2010 at 12:59:53PM +0100, n dhert wrote:

> When using portupgrade, from time to time, there is a package that displays
> an options menu and waits for a interactive response (like hitting OK to
> accept the defaults and continue). Is there way to specify that portupgrade
> should always accept the defaults and not wait for user input?

What I do when portupgrading something that will require user input in
an options menu is to use the -C switch to portupgrade.

This enables you to twiddle with the options of all the ports before
the main build starts.

If you know that you want to use the defaults, then you can use the
the --batch switch or put BATCH="yes" in make.conf IIRC.

But IMHO, remembering to always give portupgrade the -C switch is the
way to go.

Regards,

--

 Frank