Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 2010 12:24:39 +0200
From:      Markus Wild <fbsd-lists@dudes.ch>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: virtual drive errors

Hello Andriy,

> Looking at cdcheckmedia and at the logged READ TOC (0x43) SCSI
> command errors (as reported by Markus) I see the following problem.
> Even if cdsize() call at the beginning of cdcheckmedia() succeeds, a
> subsequent failure of cdreadtoc() throws us to 'bailout' label which
> is past the code that sets d_mediasize.
>
> I think that the following patch should help with this situation (and
> possibly other cases with READ TOC problems):

This fix indeed fixes the problem (there are still all the failure logs
about the READ TOC/PMA/ATIP commands, but in the end, the mount
succeeds now, whereas before it failed), thanks a lot! Now, perhaps a
silly question: why would the READ TOC commands fail over the SCSI-USB
bridge to start with? I'm normally (if I'm not trying to use the
virtual USB cdrom) using ATAPI cdroms, and haven't seen any comparable
TOC problems with those...

Cheers,
Markus