Date:      Tue, 07 Sep 2010 15:11:04 -0700
From:      Kirk McKusick <mckusick@mckusick.com>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: kern/150143: [patch][tmpfs] Source directory vnode can disappear before locking it in tmpfs_rename

> To: freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
> From: Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
> Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 12:07:31 +0200
> Subject: Re: kern/150143: [patch][tmpfs] Source directory vnode can disappear
>  before locking it in tmpfs_rename
>
> On 09/06/10 09:08, linimon@FreeBSD.org wrote:
> > Synopsis: [patch][tmpfs] Source directory vnode can disappear before locking it in tmpfs_rename
> >
> > Responsible-Changed-From-To: freebsd-bugs->freebsd-fs
> > Responsible-Changed-By: linimon
> > Responsible-Changed-When: Mon Sep 6 07:07:55 UTC 2010
> > Responsible-Changed-Why:
> > Over to maintainer(s).
> >
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=150143
>
> Can someone look at the patch in this PR, please?
>
> I've tested it but don't want to commit it without someone reviewing it
> (though I could commit it if the potential reviewer is busy with other
> things).

I have not worked with tmpfs, so may not be the best person to review
this patch. But I have spent considerable time in ufs_rename, so am
familiar with the problems associated with rename.

In reviewing your patch, it looks like a reasonable approach to the
problem. While I do not have enough context to convince myself that
it will fully fix the problem, it certainly should help rename work
better.

	Kirk McKusick