Date:      Sat, 26 Mar 2011 14:19:14 +0100
From:      Michel Talon <talon@lpthe.jussieu.fr>
To:        Baptiste Daroussin <baptiste.daroussin@gmail.com>
Cc:        Marcin Wisnicki <mwisnicki+freebsd@gmail.com>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [ECFT] pkgng 0.1-alpha1: a replacement for pkg_install

> This can still be discussed but I don't really like the idea that
> users may alter packages an installation/extraction time, that would
> lead to lots of potential buggy installation and report.
> If user aren't happy with the packaging, they can poke the maintainer,
> send PR, patch etc.

The whole point of *binary* packages is that people don't mess
changing options, changing what is installed, etc. so that port
maintainers know exactly what people have on their machine, and be
able to test it. This is a prerequisite for a system which is not a
complete mess. Those you like to change things are on their own.

--

Michel TALON