Date:      Wed, 20 Apr 2011 11:21:58 -0400
From:      Bob Hall <rjhjr0@gmail.com>
To:        akash kumar <akashb503@yahoo.co.in>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Image activator

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 12:48:38AM +0530, akash kumar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone throw light on what ELF image activators is all about and point
> me to some good articles on it.

You mean the thingy that starts execution of a file by setting up
process memory and remapping the text and initialized data segments into
the low part of the address space and setting up the user stack?

Aside from a brief mention in McKusick's and Neville-Neil's book on
FreeBSD, I haven't found anything on it. I think this is a case of RTFS.