Date:      Fri, 17 Jun 2011 17:49:51 +0200
From:      Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>
To:        Ruslan Mahmatkhanov <cvs-src@yandex.ru>
Subject:   Re: tinderbox question

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 06:14:32PM +0400, Ruslan Mahmatkhanov wrote:
> Good day.
>
> How can i `inject` updated (or new) port into tinderbox Build to
> test it for correctness? I mean i have not any troubles to build any
> existing port, but what should i do to place updated or new port
> into the tinderbox portstree?

I'm using a personal strategy.

I have two portstrees in my tinderbox. One is the official tree another
one is my tree, which I update "by hand"

It really is a freebsd ports tree managed using monotone, so I can
add my patches and also easily merge snapshots from the offical
ports tree. I choose monotone because after test with various RCS
it came out as faster and easier for this use case than others.
Obviously YMMV.

I then have a set of builds referring the official tree to build
official packages for my machines and another set of builds referring my
own ports tree for testing packages.

The builds connected to the test tree also have less ports to build than
the official ones because there I build just what I maintain or make
patches for.

This method also has the advantage that you can have different configs,
options and so on for the ports in the different builds.

Hope this helps.

--
Guido Falsi <mad@madpilot.net>