Date:      Thu, 15 Mar 2012 23:06:40 +0100
From:      Holm Tiffe <holm@freibergnet.de>
To:        freebsd-usb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: USB UHCI Problems on 8-Stable

>> Hi,
>>
>> For some time I had problems with my Cam (Olympus FE-230), it wouldn't
get
>> recognized again after unplugging it from the USB Connector.
>>
>> Now I have a very similar Problem while trying to get an J-Link V8
>> compatible Jtag debugger working in conjunction with openocd.
>> Maybe there are bugs in openocd, but the bigger ones seems to be in
>> FreeBSDs USB drivers.
>>
>> In the meantime I've cvs-supped to 8.3PRERELEASE (yesterday) built world
>> and kernel. I've commented the ?hci drivers out of the kernel config and
>> set USB_DEBUG.
>>

>> At fist please Cc me, I'm not on freebsd-usb.
>>
>> After Loading the uhci module:
>
>Hi,
>
>Could you log the USB traffic on the UHCI controller using usbdump ?
>
>It would be interesting to see what is going on.
>
>Have you tried using an external High-Speed HUB?
>
>--HPS

Here is the dump: http://www.tiffe.de/other/usbus1.dump

This is connecting the J-link, starting openocd twice, removing
and reconnecting the J-link followed by a kldunload uhci.

Can't provide a dump while kldloading since usbdump stops when the driver
is unloaded.

I have no Highspeedr-Hub so this was a direct connect. Results are the same
regardless whcih interface is used.

Regards,

Holm

  www.tsht.de, info@tsht.de, Fax +49 3731 74200, Mobil: 0172 8790 741