Date:      Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:30:01 +0700
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Intel i5-2300 fault 8.3 amd kernel fatal trap when detecting CPU, SMP issue

Hi,

On Wednesday 18 July 2012 09:23:44 Roy Chia wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Did anyone run Freebsd amd64 on Intel i5-2300 successfully before?

I ran/run 8.3, 9.0 and now 10.0 on an i7. I have read that there are problems with virtualisation. It also fails on the i7 if certain flags are set in the BIOS.

Can you check your BIOS for anything which seems to be related.

Sorry, I do not know more. It just should help you to find the route to success.

Erich