Date:      Wed, 2 Jan 2013 06:33:52 GMT
From:      Ivar Castro <ivar123@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   docs/174892: 5.6.1 of handbook has a small problem

>Number:         174892
>Category:       docs
>Synopsis:       5.6.1 of handbook has a small problem
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The following part of 5.6.1 in the handbook is somewhat misleading:

After the first use of Portsnap has been completed as shown above, /usr/ports can be updated with:

# portsnap update

Users get the impression that:

# portsnap fetch

only has to be done once, ever.

Considering that a user who has already used Portsnap for the first time will not want to update the compressed snapshot of the Ports Collection he has already extracted. He will need to fetch a new snapshot when he wants to update the Ports Collection.