Date:      Mon, 1 Jul 2013 11:38:30 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Matthias Apitz <guru@unixarea.de>
Cc:        =?iso-8859-1?Q?Ren=E9?= Ladan <rene@freebsd.org>, freebsd ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>, kde-freebsd@kde.org
Subject:   Re: kde3 ports expired today

--4ZLFUWh1odzi/v6L

On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 10:20:22AM +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> El d=EDa Monday, July 01, 2013 a las 09:59:48AM +0200, Ren=E9 Ladan escri=
bi=F3:
>=20
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > the KDE3 ports (263 of them) expired today. They were marked for
> > removal since December 30, so the plan is to remove them soon.
> >=20
> > Regards,
> > Rene
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> We have (perhaps) all seen this in UPDATING and while compiling qt3*
> ports; I think, it is not a good idea deleting the KDE3 ports (which do
> compile) from our ports tree, while the KDE4 ports do not compile, at
> least not on i386 architecture. See the PR's about automoc4 and others.
>=20
> Just my humble opinion
>=20
> 	matthias
>=20

Problem is that kde3 is not maintained anymore upstream, not security revie=
ws
are performed any more etc. It has been deprecated for 6 month, and no one =
came
up to:
1/ take maitainership of kde3
2/ import the maintained and supported trinity project.

regards,
Bapt

--4ZLFUWh1odzi/v6L

--4ZLFUWh1odzi/v6L--