Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2013 08:19:02 -0400
From:      Jerry <jerry@seibercom.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org, doceng@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   "texlive" ports and "*-freebsd-doc-*" ports

There is a problem building any of the "*-freebsd-doc-*" ports if the
user has texlive installed and "TEX_DEFAULT=texlive" is placed in the
"/etc/make.conf" file. Actually, the ports cannot be built.

I realize that FreeBSD-10 is on the horizon. I am also aware that the
modus operandi of FreeBSD is to release a new version then fix or
update a port. In this case, I feel that this procedure would be
seriously counter productive, especially to a new user. I was wondering
if it would be possible to avoid this defugalty and get those ports
mentioned above corrected prior to the release of version 10?

--
Jerry ♔

Why is it that most nudists are people you don't want to see naked?