Date:      Sun, 9 Feb 2014 07:36:41 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Shane Ambler <FreeBSD@shaneware.biz>
Cc:        rakesh sharma <rakeshsharma14@hotmail.com>, "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Learning freebsd

On Sun, 09 Feb 2014 16:45:29 +1030, Shane Ambler wrote:
> On 09/02/2014 06:12, Polytropon wrote:
> > On Sat, 8 Feb 2014 21:19:32 +0530, rakesh sharma wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >> I am new to freebsdI have installed the os, but i donno
> >> how to run programs and develop sw in this
>

> >> How can i go about, any help?
> >
> > You should find The FreeBSD Handbook and the FAQ very helpful.
> > They'll help you learn how to use FreeBSD. They can be found
> > online here:
> >
> > 	https://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/
> >
> > 	https://www.freebsd.org/doc/faq/
>
> For development there is also the FreeBSD Developers Handbook
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/developers-handbook/

And for porting applications from other operating systems to
FreeBSD, the Porter's Handbook is a very good resource:

	http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/books/porters-handbook/

Additionally, studying some entries in the ports tree, located
in /usr/ports, is a helpful introduction to this topic.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany