Date:      Tue, 13 May 2014 02:40:38 +0200
From:      Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
To:        FreeBSD-arm@freebsd.org
Cc:        Bernd Walter <ticso@cicely7.cicely.de>
Subject:   Re: iMX6 based Novena crowd funding project

On Thu, Apr 03, 2014 at 01:15:00AM +0200, Bernd Walter wrote:
> http://www.crowdsupply.com/kosagi/novena-open-laptop
> I'm not quite happy with the bundling setup, but have been fascinated
> by that board since I've first noticed it mid 2013.
> Hope that one day we can run X on iMX6 as I'm not a Linux fan.

Recently the Novena funding reached a 300k USD extended goal.
This is especially interesting because at this rate some of the money
will be used to develop an open source grafic driver for iMX6, which
inludes HW acceleration.
See above crowdsupply link for details.
My main interest for iMX6 don't include display requirements, but I
can imagine a few use cases where I want one.
Not only as a notebook, but the novena board with its FPGA makes a nice
lab platform.
If you look a bunnies blog you will notice a digital scope project.
http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p=3957

--
B.Walter <bernd@bwct.de> http://www.bwct.de