Date:      Sun, 3 May 2015 12:06:04 +0200
From:      Manuel =?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=FChn?= <freebsdnewbie@freenet.de>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   gdb on armv6

Hi list,

is there something special to consider when debugging applications on armv6(-hf)?

I'm using FreeBSD-Current on a Wandboard-QUAD. Unfortunately it is not possible
for me to step through even simple applications. The program gets executed until it
exits even if i use the step command.

Example:
manuel@wandboard:~/devel/gdb % cat gdb-test.c

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int
main( int argc, char* argv[] )
{
    int value;

    for( value = 0; value < 10; value++ )
    {
        printf("value: %i\n", value );
    }

    return value;
}

manuel@wandboard:~/devel/gdb % clang -Wall -Werror -g3 -O0 -o app gdb-test.c
manuel@wandboard:~/devel/gdb % gdb app
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
This GDB was configured as "armv6hf-marcel-freebsd"...
(gdb) break main
Breakpoint 1 at 0x8610: file gdb-test.c, line 9.
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/home/manuel/devel/gdb/app

Breakpoint 1, main (argc=1, argv=0xbfbffc30) at gdb-test.c:9
9           for( value = 0; value < 10; value++ )
Current language:  auto; currently minimal
(gdb) step
value: 0
value: 1
value: 2
value: 3
value: 4
value: 5
value: 6
value: 7
value: 8
value: 9

Program exited with code 012.
(gdb)

This exact behaviour can also be seen on my other boards like BBB or RPI-B.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance.

--
Manuel Stuehn